This past Friday I celebrated my birthday….34, wow! I can hardly believe it, I don’t feel 34, in fact I feel like I still need to ask permission to stay out past curfew 🙂 Today I wanted to celebrate with you and tell you 34 tidbits about me and give you a chance to win “God Is Able” by Priscilla Shirer. You can win this awesome little book by commenting on this post. Get an extra entry by subscribing to my blog (see the sidebar) and another by following me on Facebook and Pinterest. I will announce the winner next week on the blog and contact you for a shipping address by email.
1. I grew up in the country digging in the mud and chasing chickens.
2. I am more of a city, high heel kind of girl now.
3. I am grouchy about getting up early. When I was a little girl I was a bear even on Christmas morning.
4. I could eat ice cream 3 times a day…and that is what I would live off of if stranded on a deserted island.
5. As a teenager I watched my favorite movie Speed most likely 5, 429 times at least. What girl doesn’t love Keanu Reeves!
6. I played the flute daily for 10 years. My band teacher thought I was pretty good 😉
7. I practiced said flute 1-2 hours everyday during those 10 years.
8. I have only lived in 2 houses my entire life.
9. My sister and I are almost 14 years apart. We basically grew up as only children.
10. I hated public speaking in high school. Almost to the point of throwing up or crying when it was my turn in front of the class.
11. I married my high school sweetheart 2 months after graduating….celebrated 15 years this past July.
12. I suck at all things video games, much to the dismay of my video game loving family.
13. I could live without most sports, but I do enjoy an occasional Colts game.
14. I love office supplies. Notebooks, folders, paper clips, push pins, organizing do-dads. I love them all….do I have a home office? …NO!
15. I have hypothyroidism which has caused me to gain more weight than I wish it had.
16. I love sweater weather…that’s a season right?!
17. I love books. I currently have 14 of them stacked by my bed.
18. Purple and turquoise are my happy colors.
19. Brandon is my almost 12 year old, he is quite excited that he is almost taller than mom.
20. Rachel my almost 8 year old is often called my mini me.
21. Shoes are my favorite piece of clothing.
22. I work part time for an optometrist. I take all his notes and assist in the exam room. I’ve been with him for 14 years.
23. I owned my own photography business for 5 years while working in the optometry office full time. God called me to lay the business down 3 years ago. I do still take some sessions for previous clients, I love seeing families grow up!
24. I love make-up, all things make up….buying it, applying it, learning new tricks. I could totally be a make up artist!
25. I could end most sentences with an exclamation mark or an ellipse or better yet skip punctuation all together….if it wasn’t for my husband I would be the queen of run on sentences ….and all my blog posts would look like this!!!!!
26. I have two dogs who I consider my 3rd and 4th children, my husband does not agree with this line of thinking.
27. My third doggie child is Boo an 8 year old terrier mix. We adopted her from a family who was moving and couldn’t keep her.
28. My fourth doggie child is Temperance a 5 year old long haired dachshund. We also adopted her from a family that was moving and couldn’t keep her.
29. My favorite books in the bible are Ephesians and James.
30. I am a shortie. Pants that say short are still an inch too long. My husband loves to point this out laughingly as I climb counters because I can’t reach the second shelf of cabinets.
31. I am a total extrovert who very occasionally exhibits some introverted tendencies. I thought I was becoming more of one until I spent the day alone shopping and ended up sad wanting to have the sales clerk hang out with me.
32. I have binged watched more shows on Netflix than I care to admit. I will say in my defense most have been watched while I edited sessions. My top 5 are: Burn Notice, Psych, Parenthood, Hawaii 5-O and Leverage.
33. Favorite authors are Karen Kingsbury (The Baxter Series) and Priscilla Shirer (God is Able).
34. My best piece of wisdom: I used to say follow your heart. Now I would edit that to say follow your heart smartly. I think following our hearts to pursue passions is a really great thing. Often times those passions are something God wants you to chase after and our heads can easily talk us out of. But also our hearts are overly emotional (maybe just mine is) so to let it dictate our thoughts on our bodies or jumping into a relationship or project that isn’t an act of obedience can lead us down a path of heartbreak and tears.
This weeks featured blogger is Kaitlyn and her post Even if Not this great little post reminds us even when we don’t know what the Lord’s plans are we only have to trust in Him. You should pop over and be encouraged!