I sense that lots of Christians are becoming discouraged and overwhelmed with our world. There are a lot of scary happenings, I’ll admit but, there are also some really great happenings that are going unseen. This idea of sharing a post filled with places to find encouragement began by being asked to write a post on the political and social happenings in America but with a positive spin. The requester felt that there was so much negative spin that we have lost sight of who the true King is. While I too find lots of negative, I refuse to let that determine my life direction. I don’t have my head buried in the sand, I am fully aware of political happenings and I have all sorts of opinions on the social buzz that is being stirred and forced upon America. I just know my calling for my blog isn’t to be vocal about this arena, my call is to be an encourager. I support and pray for those who have been called to this area. I pray that you are aware of these Christians and support them as they fight for our religious freedoms. I also challenge you to not let your call in life be an excuse to bury your head in the sand and be unaware of the political and social areas of America.
This list is only a snippet of places you can look for encouragement.
Follow these amazing pages on Facebook:
- Daughter by Design This page offers encouragement daily with posts like this: “When the enemy tells you that you are worthless, remember the price Jesus paid on the cross for you. When the enemy tells you nobody loves you, remember that Jesus left heaven to be with you. When the enemy tells you that you are too sinful, too broken, and have made too many mistakes remember that Jesus forgave you and washed all your sins away. When the enemy tells you that you are alone, weak, and vulnerable remember that you have the savior of the world next to you. The enemy will try to break you, steal your joy, shake your confidence, destroy your faith, and make you feel hopeless but you don’t need to listen to one single lie of his. You are created with a purpose. You are loved. You are victorious with Christ. Hold on to these truths and never forget that the enemy is a liar and his lies have no power in your life because you are a child of God.”
- SoulScripts by Jordan Lee Jordan gives real life lessons, the kind that let you know you aren’t alone with your mistakes, doubts, and fears. You can also find her on Instagram.
- Tera’s Online Christian Journey This is the page to follow and to be challenged by scripture everyday! I met Tera at She Speaks last year just by chance when she sat next to me at the last session of the weekend. We got to chatting and I said, oh, wait you are the yellow marker page! Go follow her, you will love her heart for the word …and her yellow marker!
- Dr. Michelle Bengston This sweet encourager will help you find hope in situation. #hopeprevails is her life hashtag and will soon be a book that will give hope to all who read it, I’m sure!
- Clayton Jennings This guy gives me so much hope for America. He is unafraid to teach the full truth of Jesus. Hundreds come to hear his revivals, I’m encouraged by his page to know that so many are hearing the truth and love of Jesus and allowing their lives to be transformed.
- Kelsey Humphreys Kelsey has a heart to encourage others to chase their dreams. With her quick pep talks she shares bite-size tips from those who are crazy successful in a way that will always give you a chuckle!
- Propel Women This page encourages women in their calling and passions.
- Encouragement Cafe Well the name kinda says it all!
Check out these blogs for posts to lift your heart up:
- God-sized Dreams This page will encourage you to chase your God-sized dream, even when it’s hard.
- Lori Schumaker Searching for Moments Lori writes with an authentic and real voice, about real life-even the hard stuff. You will won’t regret popping over to her place!
- The Masterpiece Mom I’ve talked about these girls before, Amanda and Anne-Renee are the real deal, they are moms who love moms! You will have your mama heart encouraged by just one post…but you’ll want to read more!
- Becki Campbell Transparent and a for-real-kinda-girl! Every post I read I finish thinking, yes, me too! PS: she has a shop on her blog where she sells t-shirts, you’ll love the truth you can wear!
- Grace with Silk At Valerie’s blog I just feel so at home. The way she can make a home makeover a teachable God moment just gets me!
- Dare 2 Hear the Voice of God Debbie’s blog always encourages me to keep going! She wrote a post about dreams awhile back that I loved and she is currently writing a series that involves Boldly Going…you know she is my jam!
- See Jane Write I follow Jane on Instagram but love to read her blog posts! She recently wrote a post on waiting, God finally has blessed her waiting with an answer.
As a writer I love books as well, here are a few that I’ve enjoyed recently:
- For The Love by Jen Hatmaker – so I realize that I am likely the last women to read this but just in case you haven’t oh good golly it’s hilarious. Now don’t pick this up and expect a deeply spiritual book, this book is real life. Real life has funny stuff with God tied all through out and this is how For The Love is written.
- Your Made for God Sized Dreams by Holley Gerth – I read this a few years ago but it is one of the few books I like to reread. This book is so encouraging and inspiring to keep going, keep chasing after the dreams God has placed within us.
- Wild and Free by Hayley Morgan and Jess Connolly – This is one that is on my list, I’ve had friends RAVE about it so I can NOT wait to read it!
- Looking for Lovely by Annie F. Downs – This is another on my list that’s been RAVED about by my friends! There are too many books and not enough hours…can I get an amen!?
Especially for the bloggers:
- I’m Not a Writer There is just so much yes in this post! It hit so close to home for me because I too have always loved to write but the proper way to write does not come naturally to me. So if you’re like me and find yourself doing something because God said do it and you aren’t especially good at it, you’ll love this!
- When You Want to Give Up Blogging When you feel like quitting remember “…it’s never been about you. It’s about Jesus in you.” The World needs your voice, keep writing, keep singing, keep creating!
- Best Blogging Business Rebecca has some of the best and easiest blogging advice I’ve found!
I’ve found the best way to fight discouragement is to surround myself with God-filled influences. We put scripture as art on our walls, why not fill our social media feeds with it as well!
Do you have a blogger, Facebook page, Instagrammer, or book I need to check out? Let me know in the comments because I’m always on the look out for new reading material!
PS: Bonus encouragement….my favorite Pandora station….Jordan Howerton Band-this station is the best mix of all the artists I love!
PSS: None of these lovely pages, blogs or authors asked me to do this, none of them know that they are included (unless they are a reader) they are just pages/books that personally speak to me and I thought they might to others as well. There are a TON of pages and blogs that I didn’t post about that I love so much! (I have to save some for a part 2 in the future!)
You can find me at these lovely blogs!